Graduate Theological Union
San Francisco Theological Seminary
Dean of the Seminary and Vice-President of Academic Affairs
Professor of Speech-Communication and Homiletics
At GTU since 1985
Ph.D., Graduate Theological Union, 1992
M.Div. Princeton Theological Seminary
B.A. Wheaton College
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Theatre, Worship, and Preaching
- Performance Theory and Preaching
- Aesthetic Theology and Communication
- New Interpreter’s Handbook of Preaching, Associate Editor, Abingdon Press, 2008.
- Performance in Preaching: Bringing the Sermon to Life, Co-editor, Baker Academic, 2008.
- Purposes of Preaching, Editor, Chalice Press, 2004.
- Birthing the Sermon: Women Preachers on Creative Process, Chalice Press, 2001.
- Performing the Word: Preaching as Theatre, Abingdon Press, 1998.
- Abingdon Women's Preaching Annual: Series I, Year A (co-editor with Lucy Rose), Abingdon Press, 1998.