Graduate Theological Union
Associate Professor of Christology and Cultures
Dwan Family Endowed Chair in Ecumenical and Interfaith Dialogue
Core Doctoral Faculty Member
At GTU since 2006
PhD, Boston College, 2006
MPhil, School of Slavonic and Eastern European Studies at University College London, 2002
MSc, London School of Economics, 1996
BA, MA Oxford, 1995
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Patristic Theology
- Patristic Spirituality
- Comparative Theology (especially Christian- Buddhist dialogue)
- Tibetan Buddhism
- Contemporary Systematic Theology
- Theologies of the Sacred Image in Theodore the Studite and Bokar Rinpoche, Gorgias Press, forthcoming.
- Theodore the Stoudite: Writings on Iconoclasm and the Spiritual Life, Newman/Paulist Press, 2014.
- Perceiving the Divine Through the Human Body: Mystical Sensuality, ed. (with June McDaniel), Palgrave McMillan, 2011.
- Divine Contingency: Theologies of Divine Embodiment in Maximos the Confessor and Tsong kha pa, Gorgias Press, 2009.
- “Basil of Caesarea’s De Spiritu Sancto and Haexameron" , introductory chapter to the Chinese translation of these two works published by Zhejiang University Press, 2011.
- “Salvific asymmetry: anhypostasy and icon veneration in Theodore the Studite’s Antirrhetici”, in Studia Patristica, 2011.