Graduate Theological Union
Michael J. Dodds, O.P.
Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology
Professor of Philosophy and Theology
Core Doctoral Faculty Member
At GTU since 1985
S.T.D., University of Fribourg, Switzerland
M.Div., M.A. in Theology, Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology
B.A., M.A. in Philosophy, St. Albert’s College
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Philosophical and Theological Anthropology
- Divine Action
- Philosophy of Nature
- God and Suffering
- Theology and Science; God in Science and Religion
- Unlocking Divine Action: Contemporary Science and Thomas Aquinas. Catholic University of America Press, (forthcoming).
- "Hylomorphism and Human Wholeness: Perspectives on the Mind-Brain Problem." Theology and Science, 2009.
- "Unlocking Divine Causality: Aquinas, Contemporary Science, and Divine Action." Angelicum, 2009.
- The Unchanging God of Love: Thomas Aquinas and Contemporary Theology on Divine Immutability. Second Edition. Catholic University of America Press, 2008
- "The Teaching of Thomas Aquinas on the Mysteries of the Life of Christ", in Aquinas on Doctrine: a Critical Introduction. T&T Clark, 2004.
- Happily Ever After Begins Here and Now: Living the Beatitudes Today, Bill Dodds and Michael J. Dodds, OP, (Chicago: Loyola Press, 1997).