Graduate Theological Union
John C. Endres, S.J.
Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University
Professor of Sacred Scripture (Old Testament)
Core Doctoral Faculty Member
At GTU since 1982
M.A., Ph.D. (1982), Vanderbilt University
M.Div. (1977), Weston School of Theology
A.B. (1964), College of the Holy Cross
Phone: 510/549-5024 or 510/841-8804
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Book of Chronicles
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- Book of Jubilees
- Psalms and Spirituality
- "Psalms and Spirituality in the 21st Century," Interpretation, 2002.
- "Joyful Worship in Second Temple Judaism," in Passion, Vitality, and Foment: The Dynamics of Second Temple Judaism, Trinity Press International, 2001.
- A Retreat with the Psalms: Resources for Personal and Communal Prayer (with Elizabeth Liebert), Paulist, 2001.
- Chronicles and Its Synoptic Parallels in Samuel, Kings and Related Biblical Texts (editor), Liturgical Press, 1998.
- "Prayer of Noah: Jubilees 10:3-6," in Prayer from Alexander to Constantine: A Critical Anthology, Routledge, 1997.
- Biblical Interpretation in the Book of Jubilees; CBQMS 18, Catholic Biblical Association of America, 1987.