Graduate Theological Union
John C. Endres, S.J.
Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University
Professor of Sacred Scripture (Old Testament)
Core Doctoral Faculty Member
At GTU since 1982
MA, PhD, Vanderbilt University, 1982
MDiv, Weston School of Theology, 1977
AB, College of the Holy Cross, 1964
Phone: 510/549-5024 or 510/841-8804
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Book of Chronicles
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- Book of Jubilees
- Psalms and Spirituality
- The Watchers in Jewish and Christian Traditions, eds. Angela Kim Harkins, Kelley Coblentz Bautch and John C. Endres, S.J., 121-135. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2014.
- First and Second Chronicles New Collegeville Bible Commentary #10. Collegeville,MN: Liturgical Press, 2011.
- A Retreat with the Psalms: Resources for Personal and Communal Prayer. New York, NY and Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press, 2001. Co-author with Elizabeth Liebert.
- Chronicles and its Synoptic Parallels in Samuel, Kings, and Related Biblical Texts, eds. John C. Endres, William R. Millar, John Barclay Burns. Collegeville, Minn.: Liturgical Press, 1998.
- Temple, Monarchy, and Word Of God. Message of Biblical Spirituality #2. Wilmington, Del. : M. Glazier, 1988.
- Biblical Interpretation In The Book Of Jubilees. CBQMS #18. Washington, D.C.: Catholic Biblical Association of America, 1987.