Graduate Theological Union
Marianne Farina, C.S.C.
Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology
Professor of Philosophy and Theology
At GTU since 2005
Ph.D. in Theological Ethics, Boston College, 2004
M.A. in Pastoral Theology, Santa Clara University, 1996
B.F.A. in Communication Arts, Parsons School of Design/New School for Social Research University 1974
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Moral Theology
- Islamic Philosophy and Theology
- Comparative Ethics and Social Theory
- Interfaith Dialogue
- "Pursuing Meaning and Method for a Living Faith: Ethical-Religious Challenges" Studies in Interreligious Dialogue, Fall 2011.
- "What is Sharia?: An Introduction by Wael B. Hallaq" (Book Review) Ethiopian Journal of Religious Studies, Fall 2011.
- "Human Rights Discourse across Religious Traditions." Listening: Journal of Communication Ethics, Religion, and Culture, Fall 2010.
- "Overcoming Our Evil" Journal of the Society for Christian Ethics, Spring 2010 (Book Review).
- "In the Pursuit of Love" Journal of Interreligious Dialogue, July 2009.
- “Participant Reading and Methods for Interfaith Dialogue: A Response to Terry Muck” Interpretation: A Journal of Bible and Theology (January) 2007.