Graduate Theological Union
Pacific School of Religion
Associate Professor of Pastoral Theology
At GTU since 2009
Ph.D., Vanderbilt University, 1995
M.A., Vanderbilt University, 1993
M.Div., Boston University School of Theology, 1988
B.A., Morehouse College, 1983
Current research and teaching interests:
- Pastoral Leadership (emphasis on Religious and Social Justice)
- Practical Theology (Study of Narrative)
- Pastoral Theology (specialization in gender and sexuality)
- Psychology of Religion
- Intersection of race and homosexuality in the context of Christianity, particularly, the Black Church
- Dishonor: Race, Sex and Power in Jim Jones’ Peoples Temple, forthcoming.
- Their Own Receive Them Not: African American Lesbians and Gays in Black Churches, Pilgrim Press, 2006.