Graduate Theological Union
Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University
Professor of Biblical Studies
Core Doctoral Faculty Member
At GTU since 1992
Ph.D., Union Theological Seminary
M.A., Vanderbilt University
B.A., Canisius College
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Deuteronomistic History
- Feminist Readings
- New Historicism and Cultural Studies
- Of Methods, Monarchs, and Meanings--An Approach to Socio-Rhetorical Exegesis (Macon: Mercer University Press, 1996).
- "Forms of Violence and the Violence of Forms: Two Cannibal Mothers Before a King," in Journal for Feminist Studies in Religion (Fall 1998).
- "Cultural Studies and the Prophetic Tradition," in Theological Trends, The Way (Apr. 1997), 148-157.
- "When Cultures Meet in the Parish," Church (Summer 1996), 15-18.
- "Lyotard," in Handbook of Postmodern Biblical Interpretation, ed. A.K.M. Adam (St. Louis: Chalice Press, 2000).