Graduate Theological Union
Pacific School of Religion
Senior Director, Academic Research & Resources
PSR’s Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Religion and Ministry
Core Doctoral Faculty Member
At GTU since 2003
PhD, Graduate Theological Union, 1998
MDiv, Nashotah House Episcopal Seminary, 1988
BA, Wheaton College, 1983
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Bridging academic theology and movements for social change
- Theological anthropology and the place of other-than-human-animals in Christian theology
- The intersection of race, sexuality, and gender in constructive theology
- How critical social theory shapes theological method
- Peculiar Faith: Queer Theology for Christian Witness, Seabury Books, 2014.
- Divine Communion: A Eucharistic Theology of Sexual Intimacy, Seabury Books, 2013.
- Queer Religion (two volumes), (with Donald Boisvert) Praeger Publishers, 2011.
- Dancing with God: Anglican Christianity and the Practice of Hope, Morehouse Publishing, 2005.
- To Set Our Hope on Christ, with Mark McIntosh, et al., The Episcopal Church Center, 2005.
- "Sodomy and Gendered Love: Reading Genesis 19 in the Anglican Communion,” in The Oxford Handbook of the Reception History of the Bible, (with Emma Mason) Oxford University Press, 2011.