Graduate Theological Union
At GTU since 1999
PhD, University of Notre Dame, 1996
MA, University of Notre Dame, 1992
MDiv, Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, 1989
BA, Hellenic College, 1982
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- History of Byzantine Liturgy
- Theological Interpretations of Liturgical Events
- Ecclesiology; Church in Orthodox Christian Thought
- Liturgical History: Early & Medieval
- Orthodox Christian Theology of Person
- Orthodox Christian Spirituality
- "Byzantine Liturgy as God's Family at Prayer," in Thinking Through Faith: New Perspectives from Orthosdox Christian Scholars, eds. A. Papanikolaou and E. H. Prodromou, St. Vladimir's Seminary Press, 2008.
- "Adult Catechuminate: Historical Considerations," Praxis, 2007.
- "Byzantine Ordination Prayers: From Text to Theology," in Studia Liturgica Diversa: Essays in Honor of Paul F. Bradshaw, Pastoral Press, 2004.
- "Liturgical Adaptation: Three Illustrations" in The Orthodox Parish in America, Holy Cross Orthodox Press, 2003.
- Eight entries in Paul F. Bradshaw (ed.), The New SCM Dictionary of Liturgy and Worship (London: SCM Press, 2002). Antidoron, Diptychs, Enarxis, Eucharist, Great Entrance, Little Entrance, Orthodox Worship, Prothesis.
- Teaching Orthodox Theology in Particular Educational and Cultural Contexts," Ministerial Formation 90, 2000.