Graduate Theological Union
Pacific School of Religion
Associate Professor of Educational Ministries
Core Doctoral Faculty Member
At GTU since 2002
Ph.D., Boston College, 2004
M.Div., Claremont School of Theology, 1994
Th.M., Yonsei University, 1989
B.A., Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, 1987
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Racial/Ethnic Identity and Sexuality
- Asian Feminist Theology
- Confucian Educational Philosophy
- Personhood of Individualism and Communalism
- Post-structural Pedagogy
- Restoring Community in the Mainline: A Pedagogical Guide to Communal Faith and Ministry, Westminster/JohnKnox Press, 2012.
- “Singing Bluegrass in a Mother Tongue: An Asian North American Church Pedagogy,” Journal of Race, Ethnicity, and Religion, 2012.
- “Toward Liberating Interdependence: Exploring an Intercultural Pedagogy,” Religious Education, 2010.
- “Broadening the Boundary of “Textbooks” for Intercultural Communication in Religious Education.” Religious Education, 2010.
- “Re-Creating Our Mothers’ Dishes: Asian and Asian North American Women’s Pedagogy.” In Off the Menu: Asian and Asian North American Women’s Theology And Religion, Westminster/JohnKnox Press, 2007.
- “When the Text is the Problem: A Postcolonial Approach to Biblical Pedagogy.” Religious Education, 2007.