Graduate Theological Union
Bruce H. Lescher
Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University
Associate Academic Dean and Senior Lecturer in Christian Spirituality
Core Doctoral Faculty Member
At GTU since 1998
Ph.D. (Christian Spirituality), Graduate Theological Union, 1991
M.A.S. (Master in Applied Spirituality), University of San Francisco, 1982
M.A. (English), University of Michigan, 1973
B.A. (English), University of Notre Dame, 1968
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Spiritual Formation
- Adult Spiritual Development
- Spiritual Direction
- Modern American Catholic Spirituality
- “Thomas Merton (1915-68), New Seeds of Contemplation,” in Christian Spirituality: The Classics, Routledge, 2010.
- Exploring Christian Spirituality: Essays in Honor of Sandra M. Schneiders, co-edited with Elizabeth Liebert, SNJM, Paulist Press, 2006.
- “What Next? The Value of Sabbatical,” Church, Winter 2007.
- “Diaknonia and the Diaconate,” The New Westminster Dictionary of Christian Spirituality, SCM Press, 2005.
- “The Truth That Makes Us Free,” The Way, 2004.
- “Catholicism and Postmodernity: Faithing Our Practice,” The Way, 2001.