Graduate Theological Union
President and Professor of Faith and Public Life
At GTU since 2011
PhD, International Relations, American University, 1998
MDiv, Union Theological Seminary, 1975
VA, Princeton University, 1971
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Public Theology
- The Church and Public Policy
- The Politics of Hunger and Poverty
- Global Christianity in the 21st Century
Leadership and the Practice of Ministry
- Lectionary reflections on World Food Day, all 4 texts, in 3-volume, Preaching God’s Transforming Justice, Year A, Year B, and Year C, Westminster John Knox Press, Release of Year B in summer 2011, with subsequent volumes in the following two years.
- Contributing author to Lectionary reflections for Trinity Sunday through the Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time in Hunger for the Word: Lectionary Reflections on Food and Justice, Year B, Collegeville, 2005.
- Chapter 6 of the 2003 Hunger Report, Agriculture in the Global Economy, “Improving Agriculture for Poor, Hungry People,” Bread for the World Institute.
- Chapter 5 of the 2002 Hunger Report, A Future with Hope, “Programs to End International Hunger,” Bread for the World Institute.