Graduate Theological Union
Mary E. McGann (RSCJ)
Jesuit School of Theology at Santa Clara University
Adjunct Associate Professor of Liturgical Studies
Core Doctoral Faculty Member
At GTU since 1996
PhD, Graduate Theological Union, 1996
MA, University of Notre Dame, 1980
MA, LaSalle University, 1974
BMus, Manhattanville College, 1965
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Ritual Studies in Liturgical Scholarship
- Ecology and Liturgy
- Women, Spirituality, and Worship
- Ethnography of Ritual Performance
- Inculturation and Liturgy
- Liturgy and Spirituality
- Let It Shine! The Emergence of African-American Catholic Worship (with contributions from Eva Marie Lumas, SSS, and Ronald D. Harbor), Fordham University Press, 2008.
- Precious Fountain: Music in the Worship of an African-American Catholic Community, Liturgical Press, 2004.
- Exploring Music as Worship and Theology: Research in Liturgical Practice, Liturgical Press, 2004.
- “Committed to Earth's Waters for Life: Baptism in a Time of Global Water Crisis,” in Drenched in Grace: Essays in Baptismal Ecclesiology, Lizette Larson Miller and Walter Knowles, eds.Wipf & Stock, 2013.
- “Making Vital Connections: Developing Creational Consciousness in Life and Worship,” Liturgy, Spring 2012.
- “Liturgical-Musical Ethnography: Challenges and Promise,” Jaarboek vor Liturgie-Onderzoek, 2010.