Graduate Theological Union
Lewis R. Rambo
San Francisco Theological Seminary
Research Professor of Psychology and Religion
Core Doctoral Faculty Member
At GTU since 1978
Ph.D. University of Chicago Divinity School, 1975
M.A. University of Chicago Divinity School, 1973
M.Div. Yale University Divinity School, 1971
B.A. Abilene Christian University, 1967
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Converting: Dynamics of Religious Transformation
- Religion and the Human Sciences [Anthropology, Psychology, and Sociology of Religion]
- Film Studies
- Jesus: Images and Experiences in Art, Film, Fiction, Scripture, and Culture
- Multi-Cultural Pastoral Care and Counseling
- Editor, Pastoral Psychology
- Editor (with Charles Farhadian), Oxford Handbook of Religious Conversion (New York: Oxford University Press, forthcoming 2012).
- Psychology of Conversion and Spiritual Transformation, Lewis R. Rambo & Steven C. Bauman (forthcoming Pastoral Psychology, 2012)
- Psychology of Religion: Toward a Multidisciplinary Paradigm, Lewis R. Rambo & Matthew S. Haar Farris (forthcoming Pastoral Psychology, 2012)
- "Theories of Conversion," Social Compass (1999: 46: 3).
- Understanding Religious Conversion, Yale University Press, 1993.