Graduate Theological Union
Devin Phillip Zuber
Assistant Professor of American Studies, Literature and Swedenborgian Studies
At GTU since 2011
Ph.D. English Literature, CUNY Graduate Center, 2010
M.Phil., CUNY Graduate Center, 2007
M.A., Queens College, CUNY, 2008
B.A., Bryn Athyn College, 2000
Current Research and Teaching Interests
- Aesthetics and Visual Culture
- American Studies
- Literary Theory
- Emanuel Swedenborg
- Environmental Literature and Ecocriticism
- The Selected Letters of James John Garth Wilkinson, Swedenborg Foundation Publishers, forthcoming.
- "Turning Things into Words, and Words into Things: Swedenborg, Fundamentalism, and Pragmatist Aesthetics," LWU: Literatur in Wissenschaft und Unterricht, 2012.
- "Imagination, Beauty, and the Urban Land Ethic: Teaching Environmental Literature in New York City," in Still the Same Hawk: Reflections on Nature and New York, edited by John Waldman, Fordham University Press, 2012.
- "Spiritualized Science and the Celestial Artist: Nathaniel Hawthorne and Swedenborgian Aesthetics," in An Infinite Horizon: An Anthology of Essays on Swedenborg, edited by Stephen McNeilly, Dedaecus Press with the Swedenborg Society, 2011.
- “'Those Almost Uninhabited Shores': John James Audubon and the Violence of Space," in The Audubon Trilogy: Delineations of American Scenes and Manners (Cairo, New Madrid, West Point), chapbook catalogue with DVD for exhibition by Jacob Cartwright and Nick Jordon, Cornerhouse Publications, 2010.