Graduate Theological Union
Seigen Haruo Yamaoka
Institute of Buddhist Studies
H.E. Kosho Ohtani Chair for Shin Buddhist Studies
Core Doctoral Faculty Member
At GTU since 2008
Litt.D., Ryukoku University, 2002
D. Min., Pacific School of Religion, 1979
M.R.E., Pacific School of Religion, 1969
Doctoral Course Requirements Completed, Ryukoku University, 1964
M.A., Ryukoku University, Kyoto, Japan, 1961
Current Teaching Interests:
- Shin Buddhist Ministry
- Shin Buddhist Religious Education
- Shin Buddhist Studies
- Amerika ni okeru Shinshu Dendo: Shukyo Kyoiku no Atarashii Katachi, Nagata Bunshodo Publication, 2005.
- The Transmission of Shin Buddhism in the West, Federation of Dharma School Teacher's League Publication, 2005.
- Pure Land Buddhism: Jodo Shinshu, an Introduction, Pure Land Publication, 1991.
- "Shin Buddhist Ministry, Working with the Issues of Death and Dying," in Buddhism and Psychotherapy Across Cultures, Wisdom Press, 2006.
- "Amerika deno Shinshu Dendo: Shukyo Kyoiko toiu Hitotsuno Hohoron wo Toshite," Bulletin of the Institute of Buddhist Cultural Studies, 2005.