Graduate Theological Union
Seigen Haruo Yamaoka
H.E. Kosho Ohtani Chair for Shin Buddhist Studies
At GTU since 2008
LittD, Ryukoku University, 2002
DMin, Pacific School of Religion, 1979
MRE, Pacific School of Religion, 1969
Doctoral Course Requirements Completed, Ryukoku University, 1964
MA, Ryukoku University, Kyoto, Japan, 1961
Current Teaching Interests:
- Shin Buddhist Ministry
- Shin Buddhist Religious Education
- Shin Buddhist Studies
- Amerika ni okeru Shinshu Dendo: Shukyo Kyoiku no Atarashii Katachi, Nagata Bunshodo Publication, 2005.
- The Transmission of Shin Buddhism in the West, Federation of Dharma School Teacher's League Publication, 2005.
- Pure Land Buddhism: Jodo Shinshu, an Introduction, Pure Land Publication, 1991.
- "Shin Buddhist Ministry, Working with the Issues of Death and Dying," in Buddhism and Psychotherapy Across Cultures, Wisdom Press, 2006.
- "Amerika deno Shinshu Dendo: Shukyo Kyoiko toiu Hitotsuno Hohoron wo Toshite," Bulletin of the Institute of Buddhist Cultural Studies, 2005.