Graduate Theological Union
Cross-Registration Instructions: UCB
- Students must be in a degree program to cross-register for a UCB course. For further information, see the GTU/UCB Cross-registration agreement.
- If you encounter problems or questions in the process, please contact John Seal, GTU Consortial Registrar (510/649-2462).
UCB Course Schedule
Deadlines & Important Dates
The Friday of the first week of the semester at noon is the deadline for filing the Cross Registration form in the GTU Consortial Registrar’s Office. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this deadline.
Cross-registration forms due:
Fall: September 11, 2015
Spring: February 5, 2016
Instruction at UCB begins:
- Fall: August 26, 2015
- Spring: January 19, 2016
- During Early or General Registration, register for the course “UCB 9000 01.” (Also use this course number if you cross-register at Holy Names or Mills.) Enter the total number of units for all cross-registration courses which you are taking.
- Obtain the Application and Certification for Cross Registration form from your school's Registrar prior to the first day of the UCB class. The form must be filled in completely. No form will be accepted without the signatures of the Dean of your school and the UCB Instructor actually teaching the course. E-mail approval is NOT acceptable at UCB; you must have an actual signature from the instructor on the form.
- Submit the Application and Certification for Cross Registration form to the GTU Registrar's Office by the deadlines listed above.
- Your Schedule will show the course “UCB 9000 - Taking UCB course/s” until you submit the Application for Cross-Registration form.
- Your name will not appear on the initial class list received by the UCB instructor. Should it not appear on succeeding class lists, please notify John Seal, GTU Consortial Registrar (510/649-2462).
- The Consortial Registrar’s Office will replace “UCB 9000” with the actual course number(s), which will then appear on your WebAdvisor schedule and your transcript.
- If you decide not to take the UCB course for which you registered in WebAdvisor, you must drop “UCB 9000” in WebAdvisor before the end of Late Registration.
- If you change or drop a UCB class after submitting the form, you must complete the proper UCB form (obtained from the GTU registrar's office) and submit it to UCB, as well as completing the GTU drop procedures. Failure to do so may result in an “F” for the class on your transcript.