Graduate Theological Union
GTU Library Reference Desk
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00-4:00
Click here for our "Ask a Librarian" form
Research help is available from a Reference Librarian at the library's Reference Desk. Reference Librarians can help you:
- Locate a specific fact, or answer a specific question
- Find a particular book, journal, journal article, video, slide set, or audio tape
- Get started on a research topic
- Find materials on a particular topic
- Provide basic instruction on research skills such as finding journal articles, searching for books, or how to use Biblical reference tools
- Assist you in using electronic research tools such as the ATLA Religion Database
- Suggest additional avenues for researching a topic
You may come in person or call the Reference Desk during its open hours. Feel free to call ahead or email us, particularly if you are coming from a distance.
Email or Call the Reference Desk
The Reference Desk is always ready to assist faculty, students and patrons with reference questions. Email questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call the Reference Desk at 510-649-2501. We will make every effort to answer you by the following working day.
With just a small investment of time, you too can become a super user! Each semester the library offers workshops on a variety of basic and special topics. Visit the Library Workshops page for the schedule and detailed descriptions of workshops.
Sign up for workshops at the Reference Desk in person or by e-mail.